7 Requirements Towards Our Orientation To Current and Future Maoist Collectives
As a small revolutionary Maoist collective in Kansas City that was in the process of formation into the NCP (LC) as an offical “branch” we recognize the importance of the project of building a Maoist Party in the US, where currently there exists none and also recognize that Kansas City cannot go it alone. However, we are not seeking to unite for unity’s sake and are setting forward a minimum criteria towards proactive orientation to any current and future Maoist collectivities to begin this conversation and process:
1) The actual formation of a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist collective/organization of at least 3-5 individuals tied in with provable mass work in some sector be it student, worker or community organizing of some sort as a prerequisite towards talks. We are willing to extend our help in any capacity in offering advice to scattered individuals but it is up to Maoists in other cities to organize their cities based on their particular local conditions. We shall not orient ourselves towards individual Maoists in constructing a Party, only through collectives, accountable to the members of their individual mass organizations and the masses as a whole.
2) We seek to unite with Maoist collectivities and organizations that show an open willingness to engage in open two-line struggle and principled debate on ideological questions pertaining to building a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist Party in the US, the mass line, mass work, Maoist Philosophy, Proletarian Feminism, the national question, the global situation and a thorough social and class analysis of the imperialist centers and the United States in particular. We feel that conducting open principled debates shall allow a “Thousand Flowers to Bloom and Contend” and inspire other Maoists in this country to get their act together to form their own collectives based on ideas put forward from the debates held by different Maoist collectivities in the US. In the spirit of principled debate we are also for the collective and regular studying of questions pertaining to political economy, philosophy and scientific socialism during the process of building a Communist Party as well as talks during that process.
3) We seek to unite with Maoist collectives and organizations that recognize the necessity to building up non-tokenistic leadership from the proletariat. We are keen on developing unity with Maoist collectives that seek to immerse themselves and have a strategy to participate in the struggles of the working class as a whole through labor organizing, anti-gentrification work, tenant organizing etc. We are not closed off towards formations which are composed of petty-bourgeois leadership in class orientation so long as they recognize the necessity to building up proletarian leadership amongst the proletariat and constantly remold their petty bourgeois outlook to a proletarianized one ideologically, which shall allow them to better serve the people and conduct good communist work as proletarian revolutionaries.
4) We seek to unite with Maoist collectivities and organizations that show a willingness to formulate into theory and put into practice Proletarian Feminist politics, and building non-tokenistic Maoist leadership amongst women and queers especially from the ranks of the proletariat. Without women and non-men there can be no revolution in this country or any other one and it should be the duty of any Marxist-Leninist-Maoist organization to bridge any gender gaps which exist in leadership of the cadre and mass org level. We are for the ruthless criticism and active and provable rectification of patriarchal, transphobic and misogynistic practice and ideas, accountable to the masses alone and assert that they have no place within Maoist circles. Women and non-men do not merely hold up half the sky, they hold all of it. We seek to build unity with Maoist collectives which seek to enrich their understanding of Proletarian Feminism and the gender question in this country. We seek to learn from them and for them to learn from us as well.
5) We seek to unite with Maoist collectivities and organizations that recognize the necessity to building up non-tokenistic Maoist leadership among the Oppressed Nationalities in revolutionary mass work particularly among the proletariat. We are not closed off towards Euro-American majority formations so long as they recognize the need and are proactive in building up leadership among the Oppressed Nations and refrain from racial and national chauvinistic attitudes and tendencies. As such we are for the ruthless criticism and active and provable rectification of national chauvinist and racist practice and ideas, accountable to the masses alone and assert that they have no place within Maoist circles. We seek to build unity with Maoist collectives that take seriously the national question and the democratic right for oppressed nations to self-determination.
6) We seek to unite with Maoist collectives and organizations that recognize that we are in a strategic retreat of the Revolution on a global scale, that there are no existing socialist base areas at this current time from where we can take leadership from. That we exist in a multi-polar world where the United States is the premier imperialist power but that there are other capitalist countries seeking to compete with it on a global scale to divide the world among themselves particularly in Latin America, Asia and Africa. We also seek to unite with other Marxist-Leninist-Maoist collectivities that recognize the significance of the success of various existing People’s Wars in Peru, Turkey, India, Nepal and the Philippines and our duty to create Revolution here in this nation. On the question of the Universality of Protracted People’s War we are for unity with those Maoist collectivities that may agree or disagree on our view so long as they accept the need for proletarian revolution in this country, and are for maintaining unity with them so long as they show willingness to carry out two-line struggle on this question.
7) We seek to unite with Maoist collectivities and organizations that respect the autonomy of other Maoist formations, including our own in conducting revolutionary mass work. We are seeking and for the creation of a Maoist Communist Party in the belly of the beast but at no such time at this moment can there be a “center of the metropole” or a bias towards “big cities” based on the existence of a few more dozen Communists in relation to other collectivities, especially given the peripheral presence of their work among the masses of people in their localities. As such we are against the creation of arrogant and “Independent Kingdoms” which seek to control other collectives through bureaucratic means. We feel when there are line differences change must come from open and principled two-line struggle between collectives and not through bureaucratic measures which more often times than not stifle debate and harm the overall party building process.